Tuesday, May 7, 2019

One-of-a-kind

To the women who fell in love, the ones who found themselves become a mother through it. To the women who weren't quite ready, but found a great love in their baby's eyes. To the women who ache to hold a baby, to call one their own. No matter how you became a mother, whether in marriage or out, whether the overwhelming desire in your heart, whether birth, adoption or foster care; you are one-of-a-kind!
 

You are creating the memories of your children's tomorrow! Those memories we are creating today so that tomorrow, we can look at yesterday and be grateful for the lessons hidden in those memories.

We can get so wrapped up in the process, in the routine of it all, we fail to remember these are our children's first memories, their first lessons, their foundation. As hard as it gets, mothers get to pour life, love and memories into their precious babies even when they aren't exactly babies anymore.


When we as Moms are feeling overwhelmed and insufficient, all at the same time. When we have trouble motivating ourselves to do things we would normally enjoy. When everyday seems like an annoying process of routine, hassle and frustration. When our prospective turns into an unhealthy pity party. Pray. Read Scripture. Worship. Then pray some more. 

You are one-of-a-kind, there is not another mom, mama, mommy or mother out there like you! You are the perfect mother for your child. God does not make mistakes and He chose you! Yes, this is hard; there are good days and bad, ups and downs. But, in Christ you are sufficient, you are enough, you are exactly who your babies need. 


So, Happy Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day, to the Moms celebrating for the first time. Happy Mother's day to the Moms in the thick of it all. Happy Mother's Day, to the Moms who have watched their own daughters become Mothers. And Happy Mother's day, to my Mom. I often talk about how I feel as a Mother. I talk about lessons I have learned and been taught on this mommy adventure. I have been watching someone pretty incredible model it along the way. What I want her to know and to share with you is that the life, love and memories my Mother poured into me, her precious baby girl; I would never be able to write or communicate with enough emphasis. She is in my first memories, she taught me my first lessons, she guided me to my firm foundation in Christ. When I was the child who caused the frustration and hassle, she would pray, read scripture, worship and pray some more. I wish there were the words or that I would be able to find them. But, I can't. She is one-of-a-kind! She is the perfect Mom for me, hand picked by God Himself and in my favorite memories. 


Thank you to all the Moms, for the routines you create, the meals to make, the car rides, all the cleaning, each boo-boo kiss and priceless hug. This world would not work without you! You are one-of-a-kind!


With lots of love and gratitude for all you do,
Rachel Batey




No comments: